February came in with a snow storm. it started on Friday night and 16 inches or more later we were really covered in it. Friday night we took the twins out for fun in the snow. It was falling down hard yet it was not too cold for fun. The twins love the cold and are so happy to be in it. They could stay out forever. We tried to do what little we could in our small back yard. The next morning Chad,
Mya, Forrest and Liam all went snowboarding. Yes those crazies went out in the midst of the storm and headed for the slopes. Thank goodness for 4x4, it just barrels through the snow. Left at home were Me, Harmony and the babies. So of course they wanted to go out for some fun in the snow too. Believe it or not 3 days later we got 8 more inches. It seems like just when we get shoveled out of our drive way it covers right back up. Its funny because at the beginning of winter I really wanted to get a snow blower, but Chad said no we do not need one we have 3 boys that can shovel. However when you are shoveling 16 inches of snow you think differently. I hope I can talk him into one.

Friday night when the storm started...Larissa taking a trip down our little hill.

Larissa showing me her snowy hands

This was so funny, Larissa lost her first hat in the snow so I went inside and got her this one. She looked so funny, and she was making a growing noise trying to scare me.
This is how the hat ended up a few minuted later...all twisted. hahahha
proof of the 16 inch depth...even deeper than this in some spots.

Harmony sunk down in the snow.


I love the way the snow looks on the trees.


Linnea's first snowboarding photo.

Trying to taste those yummy snow flakes.
I made a little bed for linnea.
These really are the best memories. I remember playing for hours in the snow and sledding, snowball fights, snowball forts, and even snow sundaes. we would take a bowl outside and fill it up with fresh fallen snow and then bring it inside and put milk, and sugar on it. yummy. so I am so glad the kids get to have the same cool memories.
0 comments:
Post a Comment