Friday, July 30, 2010

New York Vacation summer 2010

We had a wonderful reason to go to New York this year. My Nephew Cody was in the Palmyra Pageant. We had to go see him. We were delighted and proud of him. We decided to turn it into a vacation. We arrived around 10am and went straight to the Rochester zoo. It was so fun to use our Zoo pass that we got for Christmas from aunt Jessy and uncle Adam. The twins loved it . they love the animals and the play equipment. After the zoo went checked into our hotel and then decided to go to the beach at Lake Ontario. It was only 15 min away. It was so nice we got there around 6 and got some take and ate at the beach. Then we spent time just enjoying the sand and music in the park played by a local band. We then walked the long pier to the lighthouse and rode the carousel. We stayed long enough to watch the sunset then walked across the street to a yummy custard stand to get a treat It really was a PERFECT day. The babies were worn out and tired and fell asleep in the car on the way back to the hotel. We carried them in asleep. The next morning we could not wait to take them to the Rochester Children's Museum. They went once before but they were only 4 months old at the time. This time around we new they would have a blast. The twins were just so excited they were running around trying to see everything and finally we had to tell them to take there time and ply we would stay all day and they could see it all. After a full day there we went back to the hotel to get ready for the pageant. After dinner at Fridays, we were off to the pageant.My sister took all the pageant pics so i have to wait to get those from her to put on here. The pageant started after dark and we were thrilled to see Cody and all his cast member friends. The twins were scared of Cody in his costume. I guess they did not recognize him. He did wonderful and we loved the pageant as a whole. There was a part when Jesus descends from the sky and asks the children to come to him. Well the children in the pageant. I asked the twins if they wanted to go up, i was sure they would say no. Linnea said no but Larissa said " yes Mommy I want to go see Jesus" I felt so bad for asking her that. I told her she could not go up and she said" but mommy Jesus wants me to come to him, please let me go" My heart was so touched by her sweet words. Chad and my sister were just like ahhhh. I told her it was just someone in a costume and not the real Jesus and I promised her that if the real Jesus ever came to earth I would let her go to him. She said "thank you mommy" . The next day it was time to drive home but we stopped at Niagara falls on the way. They loved it but it was sooo hot. we stayed shortly and had ice cream and then we went home. All in all it was wonderful and we loved every moment.

Rochester Zoo some cute pics and some of the twins fav animals.























This is so funny, I caught Linnea making a mean face at a little girl trying to climb up the same thing she was. We had to deal with this a lot, especially at the Childrens museum they were so frustrated that other kids were there trying to play too. After a while they just got used to it.





















Daddy and the twins found a bunch of shells.




Daddy and Larissa's footprint. so cute

Building a sandcastle


Sandcastle done and two princesses moved in



At the end of the pier near the lighthouse.











Morning just before leaving to play museum in our hotel.

French braids







Our left handed artist Larissa.


Daddy and twins on Elmos world




The shopping was their fav part. This is true in real life too.






trying to take a pic of ourselves...not bad.















the new superhero exhibit. Climbing the wall of a tall building

Super girl




Larissa is so tired, our day was fun and crazy. we were all exhausted. Linneas loves to make crazy cross eye faces...funny

They loved this life size mr potato head


We hung out in the barbie dress up area the longest


they loved the dancing screen







This is so cute we had them on harnesses because they are not afriad of anything Chad and I could easily see them climbing the fence and jumping in the water. we were not taking any chances with our daredevils. They always love to hold hands when they walk. Linnea is especially protective of Larissa. She keeps an eye on her.









This was the end of our Vacation and it was a great memory. Thank you Cody for the excuse to get away.

0 comments:

Chad and Julee

Chad and Julee
Dad & stepdad, Mom. We are proud of our big family! We stay busy working spending time together and holding fast to the word of God. Prayer is our strength and Jesus Christ is our Guide.

Forrest Carter

Forrest Carter
Althlete, Scout, Leader. Passionate, Driven and capable. The Strength of our Family! Forrest tires to grow up too fast. Every birthday since he was five he would say " I can't wailt till I am another year older" He will be 14 in July. I hope he does't grow up too fast. I tell him he needs to enjoy life at every age. I never regret growing older because some are denied the privilege.I love him and am so proud he is my son!

Mya Carter

Mya Carter
Singer, Poet, Friendly. Sensitive, Caring, good friend. She is the softness in our home. Mya is my little mother she helps so much with the babies. They love her like a second mom. I always call her my queen, and she reigns surpreme sometimes even with a little attitude. Her strength will carry through the temptations in this life. She is firm in her beliefs and I am so proud of her. I love her warm smile. She looks so much like her late Grandma Marsha, which is such a blessing. Now her dad can see his mom in his beautiful daughter.

Harmony Carter

Harmony Carter
Fashion designer, Trendsetter, Go getter. Loving, Huggable, smiley. She is the Light in our home. Harmony will go far in life she is determined and will work hard for her success. She is driven and studies hard in school. She likes things organized and neat. She is playful and sometimes has us laughing at her silliness. I am so grateful for her. I prayed for another girl when I was pregnant with her because I wanted Mya to have a sister. I hope she knows how special it is to be a sister and to be a good one. She radiates and we are blessed to have her.

Liam Carter

Liam Carter
Artist, Writer, Comedian. Intelligent, thoughtful, cool. He is the truth in our home.Liam is starting at Canton Country Day School this year.We are so proud he was accepted in. He is a rare gem with great potential. He is our little einstein. When he was little he did not talk much he used to play thoughfully and examine things. he was always anxious to get bigger so he could do big things. I hope you never lose your fire to be big Liam. Liam collects build a bears. He also writes and illustrates hilarious comic books. As long as he keeps believing in Himself he will go far. He is ma-ma's heart.

Linnea Tsoufiou

Linnea Tsoufiou
Happy, loves books, Cautious, Girly, Passionate. She is our sweet angel.God bleesed Linnea with a twin now she will have alife long friend who will be so close to her heart. Linnea looks out for Larissa she tries to keep her out of trouble and leads her into trouble too. She moves non-stop when she is awake, and tires mommy out. She is going throught the taking off clothes and diaper phase. Does anyone know of any escape-proof clothes? I feel overwhelmed alot but alos overwhelmed with good feelings for my glorious blessings.

Larissa Tsoufiou

Larissa Tsoufiou
Funny, daring, Talker, Loves books, Girly. She is our Sweet "little" angel. Larissa is so funny she just talks and talks and talks, a few of the owrds we understand but its mostly still babytalk. Lariis will try new things if sissy does it first. She follows her lead. She is our firecracker she likes to say NO NO NO. I have to let her know who the boss is. I hope she always knows how blessed she is to have a twin sister.

Summer News

The summer is here, and already going fast. Forrest, Mya, Harmony, and Liam are all in Reseda California (LA) Visiting with dad Travis, step mom Marika, and new baby brother Mattias. They are also spending time with cousins and uncles. They are having a great time. We all talk everyday. I miss them tons. I do not breathe the same because 4 pieces of my heart are missing. I am getting lots done here though and trying to use my extra time wisely.
My mom got us ALL a membership at the Massillon Recreation center. She is SO awesome. I honestly do not know how she keeps up with needs of all her children and grandchildren. THANKS MOM!! We have gone quite a bit. The babies are warming up to the water and starting to have lots of fun. I like summer but I do not love it. I prefer fall and winter but I plan to make this a great summer, I might even let myself get a tan. I usually hide from the sun…I don’t want any wrinkles!!!!

Picture of the kids in LA with big brother Travis and little brother Mattias

Picture of the kids in LA with big brother Travis and little brother Mattias