I am Activity day leader for my church. this means I plan activities twice a month for girls ages 8-12 to have fun, learn and apply principals of the gospel. I get all my ideas from their Faith in God book which lists meaningful activities for the girls to accomplish. Its loads of fun and the girls are great. We recently studied "The Family a Proclamation to the world". After this the girls wanted to put together an activity that celebrated families. So they organized and planned and decorated and the result was a Family night of fun held at the church and it was a success. We started out with dinner and each family brought their fave family dish. Then we had a dance, and a talent show. Last there was a desert contest and prizes given. All in all it was a great night and fun too. I am so proud of my girls and they did an awesome job putting the whole thing on. I hope they felt a little closer to their own families and understand a little bit more of the importance of families in God's eternal plan. GREAT JOB GIRLS!!!

Our MC for the evening, Laura Patton
Our families brought a favorite family dish to share

Funny Lexi
Our delicous deserts

The desert taste testing judges enjoying every moment of their hard job.
1 comments:
Loved this idea! I bet it was a very successful and tasty evening. I also love your new family picture! I can't believe how big the kiddos are getting.
Thanks again for your testimony too. I will be getting back to you on that too :-)
Post a Comment